Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 39 of 39

Thread: Answer the question, Alex.

  1. #31
    Inactive Member MovieStuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 28th, 2001
    Posts
    847
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Alex:
    you could say the very thing about Matt's auction. Although I simply wanted an update so that the topic post would have more value.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">And just how did contacting Matt's top bidder have anything to do with your desire for an update?

    Do you mean to tell me that, totally coincidentaly, you woke up on the day of Matt's auction and thought to yourself,"Gee, I wonder what ever happened to Matt's camera modification?"

    And, based on nothing more than the desire for more knowledge, you searched the Hostboard archives until you located his old post, only to find that it had not been updated. Darn.

    Then you thought to yourself,"Gee, Matt and I don't get along very well, so I can't email him. I know! Let's see if he's running an auction for this camera on ebay!"

    So you do an ebay search and find that, by golly, Matt IS auctioning his camera that very day. What a lucky break this is! Now you can find out if that camera worked or not.

    But then you notice that Matt's auction says the camera works fine. "Could this be possible?" you ask yourself. "Why wasn't I informed? I know EVERYTHING that goes on in the world of Super 8!"

    What to do, what to do?

    "I know," you realize,"I can't contact Matt directly, but I CAN contact his top bidder and send a link to this old post. Yeah! That's the ticket. The bidder will contact Matt and inform him that the post needs to be updated, which Matt will do right away because he loves Hostboard as much as me."

    You're just sure that Matt will be glad you did this, for the sake of Hostboard, and THEN you'll have the update you desired so that "the topic post would have more value."

    Never mind that contacting Matt's bidder created a false impression of possible problems with the camera. Never mind that ebay forbids contacting bidders for any reason. Never mind that his ebay ad already gave you the information you sought. Never mind that you cost Matt serious money with your interference.

    The main thing is that you got that information you needed to update Matt's post. The funny thing is that all your effort was kept such a secret! I guess you just didn't want to hog the limelight.

    How modest.

    Seriously: What gave you the right to interfere in Matt Pacini's auction?

    Answer the question.

  2. #32
    HB Forum Owner SHATOUSHKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2001
    Posts
    22,191
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    on december 15, 2001... you exchanged negative
    feedback retorts with deb19671... because, as
    you claim via feedback, you were in the hospital
    and notified her that her payment would arrive
    late. you also state that she relisted the item
    nine days later.

    if your current ebay ethics are true, then it
    was the seller's fault for not confirming that
    you were, indeed, in the hospital for X days
    and couldn't... by any means necessary... give
    payment.

    if we were to deduce the order of events based
    on ebay record AND hostboard record...

    you posted on HB on november 30th, 2001
    that you were in the hospital for 5 days,
    making your hospital arrival on the 25th.

    incidentally, on the same day, at 12:55am,
    deb19671 leaves the first negative feedback
    against your poor payment skills -- in which she
    mentions you 'mess(ing) around too much and
    don't pay'.

    you, in return, leave negative feedback for deb19671
    on december 15th at 8:23am....claiming
    that she didn't bow to your emailing and promises
    to pay after you were discharged. you also
    claim she relisted the item 9 days after X.

    since you posted on hostboard on november 30th, 2001,
    supposedly just after your release from
    the hospital (save a day or two) and subtract
    5 days that you were IN the hospital....
    at the earliest being november 28th... minus
    five days makes it november 23rd when you supposedly
    entered the hospital.

    deb19671 left feedback for you on the 25th...
    at the earliest, 2 days after your arrival at
    the hospital. since most seller's request payment
    *earliest* 3-5 days after winning... it is
    safe to infer that you had won the auction prior
    to your entrance to the hospital... and yet...
    waited to pay -- which i assume, based on
    deb19671's comment -- is because you were attempting
    to jack around with the shipping. unbeknownst to
    you, you were to enter the hospital due to
    apendicitis just a few days later (2-3)....
    which only drug out the email banter... causing
    deb19671 to leave negative feedback.

    now... how does this relate to the current issue
    surrounding ebay, hostboard, and you?

    ....inference

    i have completely created and established a
    judgment call of the order of *supposed* events
    based on timestamps here and on ebay... and
    based on limited information on both references.

    however, i can easily sit justified that I KNOW THE TRUTH...
    when in fact, i know nothing... but only infer
    that i know something.

    the fact of the matter is that this issue has
    nothing to do with a post made over a year ago.
    it has to do with violating ebay policy.

    regardless of reason, you admit it was done...

    the victim just wants to know why it was done...
    perhaps as a means to closure.

    if you wish to know why i am posting this...
    or infering the above about an auction that
    happened 2 years ago... its simple...

    because you lied, alex... on your feedback
    (as infered by me and my deductions -- no matter
    how true or false -- based on my resources)


    this is shatzy, signing out

  3. #33
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Shatzy, were you [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img] when you posted this?

    For the record, the "*******" around about the shipping that you describe involved the following.

    I made two requests of the seller, each request took the seller two tries to comprehend, that makes a total of 4 communiques that had to be resolved because the seller didn't know jack.

    I asked for two shipping methods because it was an international shipment, and the combination of cost to time it would take to receive the auction item had to be considered. It took the seller two days to figure that two shipping methods is one more than one, and to give me to quotes. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    Then I reminded the seller that if I paid by bank check she would be assessed a bank fee. I then asked her if she would she be so kind as to find out how much the bank fee would be so that I could add it to the overall price.

    Yes, that's right, she had neglected to ask for additional money to cover the anywhere from $10-20
    bank charge to cash the bank check I would be sending her. This auction happened a couple of years ago and was before PayPal was really an option.

    Since the camera sold for very little money, if she had to eat the bank charge, she would have made very little money on the deal, literally ended up with under $10.00 dollars for all of her troubles. So my reward for doing the honest thing was abuse from her then, and abuse from you now.

    She also did relist the item BEFORE the tenth day of the auction's end, which is an ebay violation.

    Shatzy, I saw you on my Discuss This Forum looking at the the I miss Alex topic post.

    It's kind of creepy that you read that topic post just to create the "time-line" in your previous post. Just how many Shatzy's are there?

    <font color="#7BC618" size="1">[ October 11, 2003 12:14 PM: Message edited by: Alex ]</font>

  4. #34
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It's pretty evident that in your 4 millionth post on this topic YOU STILL DON'T EVEN KNOW THE sequence of events.

    But hey, that's never stopped a witchhunter before, has it? [img]wink.gif[/img]

    The "Matt Pacini is selling his camera" topic post was first brought up on Shooting 8mm and the topic starter ridiculed Matt for wanting a lot of money for his camera. I have always found this form of forum hostility to those trying to make a buck off of Super-8 to be a form of unnecessary class envy, and I don't support it at all. But some forums thrive on this "I can't believe how much they want for their camera" topic post that periodically appear on their forums.

    However, The Shooting 8mm topic post did remind me of Matts topic post that he started himself about a year ago about the very camera he was selling. Matt had posted that he was sending film off for developing to verify that the camera was functioning after he performed surgery on it. I found the topic in under one minute via the Hostboard search engine. I found Matt's old topic and was disappointed that Matt hadn't updated it, and as you know, I could not post to the topic because of your selfish motivations that led to my being banned from Brantley's forum.

    Don't underestimate your role in getting me booted off of Brantley's forum, and in the process cutting off useful Super-8 communication between Super-8 filmmakers around the world. For 7 months BEFORE you ever stepped foot on Brantley's forum. Brantley's forum hummed around with me as a contributor. This is a FACT that Roger HAS NEVER ACKNOWLEDGED, because witchhunters know only how to hunt, and when desperate, they start labeling anything a witch so they can feel worthwhile in their day to day rants.

    I then posted a topic about Matt's topic post not being updated on my forum FIVE DAYS before any communication was made with the one ebay bidder. I hoped that within those five days that someone would contact Matt and he could update his topic post about his camera. This never happened.

    It's about time YOU accept responsibility for not acknowledging the whirlwind of fleeing Hostboard members that left AFTER your arrival, and after my banning. You have contributed the to demise of interaction of Super-8 filmmakers who AVOID these forums because you troll on them.

    Of course we all know that these are minor details to a witchhunter such as Roger, especially one who thrives on using the phrase "distinction without a difference". [img]wink.gif[/img]

    Brantley's forum only grew while I was a member, it has since dropped in popularity. Whether it dropped because I left or because you remained is a distinction without a difference. [img]wink.gif[/img]

    To get respect, you have to give respect, this is something you appear of being incapable of doing, unless someone has bought your workprinter.

  5. #35
    HB Forum Owner SHATOUSHKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2001
    Posts
    22,191
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    it doesn't matter how you are trying to alter
    the facts, alex.... you screwed the lady on her
    sale. i did the math... i checked the dates and
    times you posted/left feedback and the same as she.

    i clearly see that you jeopardized the sale.


    oh... and in case you missed it the first time...
    or in case you are still pulling your usual
    stuff... i clearly stated that the above post
    was to show how ridiculous it was to make your
    claim because it was based on inference... the
    same as my post. it wasn't meant to be taken
    seriously.. but only as an analogy to the inference
    you have made concerning the thread and its
    influences on the ebay auction.

    as for my viewing the thread in your other board,
    if you had half a clue... you'd see that on
    that DT thread, it was the first post you made
    AFTER you returned from your hospital stay...
    which gave me the info i need to make my
    PRETEND inference.

    do the math, dingus

  6. #36
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm not sure what we are discussing here. I won the auction around the 18th of November. I immediately communicated with this person but they very disorganized in their ability to answer very basic questions about shipping and bank fees.

    ON around Nov 23 I had my appendicitis attack, just before I went to urgent care not knowing what was wrong, but in a great amount of pain, the last thing I did before leaving for urgent care was to email the seller and tell them I was ill and would contact them when I was better, or something to that effect, I then staggered out of the house to go to urgent care.

    I would have already sent them their money if I had known the total. The delay was caused by her not knowing what two different shipping options would cost, and what the bank fee would be for the check.

    However, she relisted the item after only 9 days end of the previous ebay auction, WHICH is an ebay violation, AND THEN when I got out of the hospital, I emailed her that I was out, was told an amount to send, and SENT HER A BANK CHECK even though she had already relisted and sold the item!

    The ebay seller never sent the check back to me, and it was only out of the kindness of my bank that they waived the $20.00 cancellation fee needed to ensure that the check would not be cashed at a later date.

    If you look at what happened between you and me in our latest skirmish that was completely created in your head, you'll see that if I had politely answered you on the topic post that I started on ADM, even though you had already lambasted me on my own forum, you would have suspected me of ulterior motives.

    Shatzy, you don't play baseball, and you don't have the bases covered on what actually happened.

  7. #37
    HB Forum Owner SHATOUSHKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2001
    Posts
    22,191
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ummm... what do you not understand that i haven't
    laid out in crystal clear fashion?

    let me run this by you slower....

    #1 -- you are giving a bunch of bs about why
    you felt deserved in contacting the ebay bidder

    #2 -- your most common reason is because X didn't
    update a year-old thread

    #3 -- i create my own fake analogous post accusing
    you of the same thing

    #4 -- you take it seriously despite my repeated
    statement that its bs... even in the original post

    i haven't bothered reading anything in your past
    two replied because i KNEW all you'd see what
    some accusation... in which you'd try and cover
    yourself.

    sorry, alex.... keep up... it was all staged.

    but if you want me to continue acting in my 'role
    of an obsessed accuser'... then so be it:


    no, alex... you are wrong. i clearly deduced
    the truth of what happened based on what i
    conclude to be factual evidence... not what you
    are claiming happened.

    you are in the wrong.

  8. #38
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Censorship cuts both ways. Just Because someone gets permanently censored or banned doesn't mean they just go away for ever. I would have followed a more communcative path if it was available to me, end of story.

  9. #39
    HB Forum Owner SHATOUSHKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2001
    Posts
    22,191
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    hello, alex...

    welcome to the discussion.

    now, would you like to take up where i left off?
    or start anew with some discussion in your head?

    based on your latest post, i'll assume you chose
    the latter option.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •